Chalet for rent directly on the waterfront with SPA!!
Ground floor and master bedroom renovated !!!
4 season cottage for rent at Lake Hénault, Mandeville, 90 minutes from Montreal. Directly on the waterfront with private dock. Large windows. 3 closed rooms and a guest room closed with futon in the rdc, 2 bathrooms. Master bedroom with private balcony and lake view, king bed. Maximum capacity of 13 people. Now with spa for 7 persons.
Large living room with slow combustion fireplace. Veranda with mosquito net, table and bbq to eat outside. Freshly renovated kitchen with new hardwood floor. Installation for external fire. Television with satellite, dvd and video cassettes. Washer, dryer. Boat and pedal boat available.
Nearby, there is the natur'eau spa, tracks for mountain biking and snowmobiling, outfitter, Mastigouche wildlife reserve. Several possible activities such as: hunting and fishing, mountain biking, snowmobiling, hiking, cross-country skiing, skating on the lake according to temperature.
Pets to be discussed with extra charge for cleaning.
$ 1200 / week
1650$ / week high season, except long weekend and construction week
Weekend low season 800 $
(Rate for 8 people)
* Price includes mandatory hotel tax.
* Member of the CITQ, waiting for a classification.
Call Audrey Bibeau: 514-409-0869
+ We were 13 and there was enough room for everyone (two double rooms, a five-person dorm, a mini double room and the rest in the living room).
+ The chalet is beautiful and big, the view of the lake is beautiful
+ The spa works well and gives a beautiful view of the lake and the colors of autumn.
+ There is an indoor fireplace and one outside (we took an option with unlimited wood for $ 50, it was perfect).
+ The manager was friendly.
+ It's quite close from Montreal (1:30), in a well-served area (grocery stores, depanneurs, among others)
- The cottage is under renovation: it does not appear on the photos and no one warned us. It was not dramatic to see spots of paint, but at the rental price, we would have at least hoped to be informed.
- Communication with the owner is deficient. She deals with a manager who was not aware of our arrival and who decided to come see us the day after our arrival (it breaks the privacy!). I struggled to get in touch with the owner, who seemed to be clearly prioritizing other things than her customer service.
- There is no network in the area, another thing we were not told . If you do not think about checking the ride before you leave, good luck finding your way.
- The rules are strict and the security deposit is huge. It complicates the relaxation because we think only to limit the noise and not to scratch anything, otherwise there goes your week pay!
- Never in my life had I been asked for a deposit BEFORE signing the contract. It's ridiculous because you pay without knowing exactly what you get. This practice is aberrant. In addition, paying cash for such a large amount, it's really impractical.
In short, beautiful cottage, nice weekend, but if we had known all the trouble that would come with, we would have looked elsewhere.